Online Armor Free v3.5.0.0 Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by MikeNash, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

2. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

3. tonyseeking

tonyseeking Former Poster

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Good work with OA. Easy to use and really strong. :thumb: :thumb:

Just wish to have it more extended file defence( I guess file defence is same in this version as before).

5. Siamese Dream

Siamese Dream Registered Member

I noticed on the interface there's a "IE add-ons". Does OA provide as much protection for the Firefox browser?

6. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

I just recently upgraded from 3.5.0.6 to 3.5.0.9, and the upgrade ran seamlessly. Thanks Mike Nash and team for this invaluable security tool - it's very generous to offer a free tool with these security capabilities :thumb:

7. disPlay

disPlay Registered Member

i love online armor =D
    continue with the great job

8. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

9. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

After much time i tried the 3.5.0.9 free. I 've been running it for 30 mins now. In the past i have criticized OA for being very CPU hungry with p2p. But this release is a major change for me. It's within my "acceptable limits". :D It eats considerably less CPU than ZA Free, which is a major improvement.

I see that i 'd rather use the 3.5.0.12 though. Will do so soon.

Congrats and thanks to Mike! :thumb:

10. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

dont use OA if u are on line gamer , it will make your ping sky high ....and u probably get kicked from server ... also support really sux and arrogant not mention un professional , better use CIS which can easly set for online gaming and much more and its free of charge

11. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I am mainly an offline gamer, so i don't worry about that. In p2p server pings i don't notice anything weird though.
    I have ran Comodo for a long time and OA for very little (for one reason or the other). So for now i will stay a bit with OA and see how things go.

My main worry with Comodo lately is that they keep adding more and more (TC, Buffer overflow, BOClean) in the suite. What i 'd really want is something as simple as ZAF (i always liked the direct rule setting approach) but with very low CPU usage.

Anyway i use OA free so $ isn't an issue here. Sooner or later i 'll try Comodo back again (i change setups often), but for now, i will enjoy OA. :D It's been a long time since i found an OA version that would be 1)stable, 2)work with emule, 3) be reasonably light to CPU. So more investigation is needed (mainly for point 1).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  12. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Having seen your posts on the OA forum I find it odd that you complain about the support. You were answered in a very civil manner by quite a few people who tried to be helpful.

13. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

"answered" doesnt mean its professional reply , telling me to disable half of the software (OA) in order to play online game is very weird :mad: , none over oa never try it with online games? the high ping also make me thinking it may reduce line speed ...:p

14. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Thanks for posting the new version download link.

15. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I believe they wanted you to disable different modules in OA to try to pinpoint the problem. It was not meant to be permanent, just diagnostic.

16. subset

subset Registered Member

This is a bit strange, because catprincess cleared up this misunderstanding and you have even quoted her clarification.
    http://support.tallemu.com/vbforum/showpost.php?p=83698&postcount=10
    A few days later you come up here with the same misunderstanding again as you haven't been back there since my reply. o_O

I play Online games like Counter-Strike 1.6, Counter-Strike Source, Day of Defeat Source, Team Fortress 2 and Unreal Tournament 3.
    No high pings and no server kicks, all work well with OA.

Cheers

17. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Hi, Mike - any news on when the Vista 64-bit version will be available? I've been so anxious to try it.

18. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Still being worked on in background. Our main focus at the current time is solving customer reported issues with the latest release for a "service pack" update, and then the re-release of the newly-renamed AV+ with the Emsisoft engine.

19. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

Do you think it might be released sometime this year?

20. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

That's the plan :)

21. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Dont know if anyone else has reported this but:

On my Windows XP SP3 system using:Returnil Free,Sandboxie, and Avira along with Online Armor free,the computer takes about 10-13-seconds longer to boot up to the desktop.It hangs at the Welcome screen the longest.

22. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Hi Boost,

My setup is almost identical to yours and I'm not seeing the delay. I have OA free beta 3.5.0.14, Returnil free 2.0.0.5007 (on demand only), Avira 8 paid and Sbie 3.36.04 paid.

Are you using OA free 3.5.0.9? If you would like to try 3.5.0.12 have a look here.

Nice setup by the way :D.

23. tonyseeking

Mike, if I install OA free, what can still attack me that the free version doesn't stop or detect?

It says: "The free edition does not contain all of the Online Armor features advertised on this website."

So doesn't that mean, in realistic terms, that my Vista would still be very open to attacks by using the free version?

24. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

25. tonyseeking

Yeah ouch!!

Using the free version leaves the PC open to attacks and malware.

The free version has no Phishing Filter, no Kernel Keylogger Detection, and worse of all, no DNS Spoofing Protection.

It simply is not a viable or sensible option to install the free version as it won't protect against many security issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.