online armor free uninstall question

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by wutsup, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

hey wilders,

on my secondary computer(windows xp 32 bit) i was uninstalling OA free version 4 so i could install version 4.5 and something weird happened.

i tried uninstalling it from the add/remove program list and when i clicked remove nothing happened. so i had to shut down and close online armor free first, then the uninstall worked fine

is it normal that you have to shutdown the firewall before uninstalling it?

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I have always closed OA down first via right-click tasbar icon option, uninstalled OA and then rebooted twice.

3. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Normal no. It happens to have to shut down manually software ( specially security software ) before uninstalling it. Actually a correct reaction of a security software should be an alert window that would ask if you are trying to uninstall the software...I think ZA does something like this.

What you have experienced is a mix of protection measures, bugs, bad policies and bad luck.

4. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

yea, ive uninstalled Online armor before and when you try to uninstall it OA pops up telling you something is trying to shut down OA. thats why i thought it was weird that that didnt happen this time around.

do you think i had to manually shutdown online armor first before uninstalling because i had that problem where Avira flagged oahlp.exe as a worm/virus and it removed it and i noticed oahlp.exe wasnt running in task manager.

does oahlp.exe have anything to do with the pop ups function from online armor?

5. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

wutsup,

I never closed OA before uninstalling. You should see a popup like this one;

oaclose.jpg

I'm pretty sure that you should have seen the popup if Avira didn't flag oahlp.exe as a worm/virus. Now the popup didn't show and OA was still waiting for your answer, while you never saw the question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.