Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hayc59, Jun 12, 2009.
No change log as of yet
My version 18.104.22.168 is running too good to change. I said it before and I'll say it again, this has been the best OA version to date. Especially the pro version!
Version 22.214.171.124 (BETA) has been out for download since June 5th
Could that be a reason to step back from 64 to 32 bits? I am seriously thinking about it.
It's almost like a joke, but for the day i used Vista 64bit, i was always thinking the same. "Where are my 32bit security applications?!". It's shocking for a security junkie to suddently find out that 80% of his security applications won't run in 64bit...
Aside from the lovely programs, did you notice some performace improvement ? (not to forget to subtract "fresh system works always fast" and "any security takes some resources") ?
My personal experience with 64b was somewhat sad. I didn't see any noticable impovement in the performance, but I got compatability problems, especially with the drivers for my lovely HW. Since then I decided only to install 64b in case no other option is available
Anywho, for anybody using 32-bit, this iteration of OA is the best yet. Tight as a drum.
I've been using v126.96.36.199 since it was released, and it has been great. I see no reason to go to .20. As I see it I can leave well enough alone until OA eventually releases a final new version. (Unless they suggest a newer beta would be beneficial and why.)
I'm hoping that we'll simply release soon enough. The only reason we release public beta versions is because some folks have problems with the current release (and, of course, everyone likes new toys).
I have about 8 days remaining on my 30-day trial, and am leaning towards licensing; however, this made me wonder if I should either defer until this update is released or update to the beta to ensure that it, too, is acceptable, compatible, and works on my system. If I updated to the beta today, would I have only the remaining 8 days of the trial period in which to evaluate?
I think it's a 30 day trial no matter what version you're using. I would suggest that if the release you're using works well, there's no good reason to update to the beta for 8 days. I would wait for the next release.
Just trying to avoid future buyer's remorse.
I like to know that software I buy will work across upgrades for the forseeable future; I have no personal history with OA yet.
I believe .20 is only slightly different than .18 which is only slightly different from the v188.8.131.52 release, and they only fixed a few bugs that certain people experienced. If installing .20 will make you more confident, it's your choice. If you're still not registered and using the trial, I don't think the beta will take though. Ask Mike.
If needed I can sort you out a key.
As for the buyer's remorse comment - there's a 30d money back guarantee
I'm giving it a whirl. I love OA but I don't like trusting a lot of apps but don't want to be nagged whenever Firefox creates an .exe via download. My OA expires in Aug but I must update my license. OA & DW are my lifesavers
You can allow 'create executable' at Advanced options for Firefox.
I hear that!
Thanks, Mike. I have 5 days left on the trial and I expect that I will be able to sort it out in that remaining time.
Separate names with a comma.