Online Armor and Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mhl6493, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

I know that OA does not officially support Vista 64-bit systems. But I've also heard that at least on some such systems, it works OK. Just wondering, anybody have any experience -- either good or bad -- with OA and Vista 64-bit? Thanks.

2. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Anybody? I really don't want to try it out without at least some positive input from others who have tried it.

Another OA question: Has anybody tried it with the HIPS disabled? I've found it to be pretty chatty, and was just wondering...

3. superssjdan

superssjdan Registered Member

You may get a quicker,more informed response http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/forum.php? as they have their own forum,and are quite helpful.I have never tried Outpost on VISTA 64,but I can say it works wonderfully on Windows 8 64.

4. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Did you read what mhl6493 was asking for?

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I can't answer your question, but I do know that OA Free will NOT install on Win 7 unless you have SP1 installed, so if you try it on an older OS, Vista, it might be even less inclined to install.. just food for thought...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.