Online Armor and DefenseWall?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by mrm3601, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrm3601

mrm3601 Registered Member

Can anyone say if there would be an advantage to running to both DefenseWall and Online Armor (paid). I know that OA has a HIPS. Even so, would the two be compatible?

[I'm also using SandBoxie and NOD32]

Thanks.

2. Rabiddog

Rabiddog Guest

I have used Defensewall with OA++ and they get along well together, except "web shield" in OA won't work. That goes for Sanboxie also.
    I don't think there would be an advantage. OA has "run-safer" that is like DW.
    Mike or someone else over at the Online Armor forums will give you a better answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2009
  3. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

4. mrm3601

Thank you to you both. I'll take a look at the threads.

5. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Your welcome.
    Hope it helps. :D

6. mrm3601

I think my interest in Defensewall stems from the fact that I'm often confused by the "popups" that OnlineArmor produces (even given the "more" option). I don't think that I'm PC savvy enough to often make the right choice. Yet, I'm aware that many consider Online Armor to be an excellent Firewall (and I do know that DefenseWall is not a firewall).

Any suggestions as to how to interpret messages from Online Armor that are not immediately understandable?

Thanks again.

7. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

If this is your problem then DefenseWall is probably the better option for you since it has very few pop-ups. You just install it, make one or two minor configuration tweaks and you're set to go. DW will protect you out of the box. Only remember to run your installers as trusted. Only run installers of trusted programs from trusted vendors from a trusted download site(preferably the vendors own). Also just to double-check run the install file once through virustotal or use an on-demand scanner like A2 just to double-check that its clean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.