Online Anonymity in a Box, for $49

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by lotuseclat79, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Online Anonymity in a Box, for $49.

Note: The comments at the article's webpage are worth a read.

-- Tom

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  2. lotuseclat79

The Anonymous Tor Network Now Comes in a Box.

-- Tom

3. cb474

cb474 Registered Member

I wonder how many people really want to torify their entire internet connection all the time. I think most will be a bit appalled by the speed. And for those who do want tor some of the time, is it really that hard to download the browser bundle and unpack it? Harder than ordering this device and setting it up?

And if it's really just for people who want a little bit of privacy from their ISP and ad networks, I think people would be much better off with a cheap VPN, like PIA, and adblock plus.

In the end, it seems more like an effort to monetize someone elses work on open source software than anything else.

4. lotuseclat79

The price seems low compared to previous devices of a similar nature, and I don't get why they require you to access their website in order to click on the Activate button for it - it should just work out of the box with no interaction with them - unless the device sends back tracking data to them - i.e. their main business is a cloud product.

-- Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.