Ongoing dual boot problem

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by John Farrar, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

Disk Director 9 build 534 OS Selector still fails to recognise my second Windows XP installation on a second harddrive.
    In the main window all that is shown is the OS that has been booted up plus a floppy drive icon. However, the harddrive containing the second OS (also XP Pro) is recognised in the list of harddrives.

I want to be able to boot into either OS, with the other OS being hidden. At the moment I use OSLoader to do this.

I was hoping the new update would have fixed this ongoing problem for me but not so. Any ideas please?
    TIA
    John

2. kite

kite Guest

see my posting on another thread on this product. you are not alone in this. could you please tell me, where i can find info about the bootmanager you are using at the moment?

kite

3. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

Kite
    can you send me an email and I'll give you the link?

Acronis. I nearly posted the link here but thought better of it but you should have had this problerm fixed by now.
    John

4. kite

kite Guest

well, i typed the word osloader in google and i think i found the product you are referring too. thanks.

5. kite

kite Guest

Acronis OS-Selector does not work properly. It may or may not recognize operating systems. The automatic 'sensing' of operating systems does not work.

And there is no 'manual' way to make it recognize operating systems. It's a pretty useless product at the moment. I have a setup with 3 primary partitions all with a (supported) operating system on it and a logical partition with a (supported) operating system.

only the first active primary partition with windows xp is recognized properly. all other operating systems not or not properly.

I've been in contact with Acronis about this product for over 2 months now and the Acronis people are polite and helpful, but the product just doesn't work. On questions about 'manual' tweaking i get no answer. Updates of the product show no improvement.

i think i have to start searching for another boot-manager. i wanted to use this product, because the intial boot-screen looks slick and cool. but as said it's not working.

kite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.