OneClickFirewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Adric, May 19, 2017.

1. Adric

Adric Registered Member

This is another Windows Firewall addon for the sole purpose of blocking executables fro accessing the Internet. No Gui - just adds a block/unblock internet access to the right-click context menu. This small app simply creates or deletes a block rule in windows firewall for the outgoing connections selected via the context menu. Seems like an easy way to block apps that you don't want calling home. Anyone tried this or have thoughts on this?

OneClickFirewall

2. alexandrud

alexandrud Developer

Pretty useless. I don't want to be mean, but creating block rules while outbound filtering is disabled is just non sense. Any new software or existing software will be able to phone home because the user will not know which components to block. This is an unhappy approach.

3. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Yes, exactly. That is why I have been known to critisize Glasswire too in the past. Default deny is the right approach. Besides it is easy to block outgoing connections for a known app with windows firewall too, but im not recommending either that approach. Your WFC or TinyWall are my recommendations.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Yes I also don't get it, I believe the strength of WFC is the "Secure Rules" option, without this any app can create its own outbound rules.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.