OneCare Users...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Hangetsu, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

Not that there's many of us (you now, I guess :D) out there, but be aware that OneCare 2.0 will change your .NET Framework settings under IE's Internet Zone back to enabled, if you changed them to Disabled for security reasons.

My understanding was that it would turn insecure settings up, but the fact that it is consistently changing IE settings to less secure settings is concerning at least. I'm no longer running the product in the interim. I received confirmation from their forums and from a support analyst this week - No ETA when (or if) they will fix this.

Its a shame, it was the product that I thought best integrated with Vista 64.

2. Hermescomputers

Hermescomputers Registered Member

Personally ONecare should be renamed NoOneCare and it gets no support from me... :)

What is needed is personalized one on one professional care not some automated impersonal support service that craps out more systems than it fixes while it promises security and stability it cant possibly deliver on...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
  3. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

I didn't notice the .Net Framework settings when I used OC. I really didn't have a problem with the AV part but it did surprise me with its lightness. I would like to have seen some kind of activity log such as in Norton 360 and it's "what has 360 done for me lately?" (I know it's kind of corny but at least it did tell you what it did, lol).

Only thing I didn't care much for was the lackluster Backup settings which are no more better than what comes with Vista (which actually one-ups OC in where it does backup to a 2nd internal harddrive).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.