Onecare Advisor?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Anyone try Onecare Advisor? I saw MSN had some add-ons to their toolbar. Any suggestions to whether try OneCare Toolbar or not?
    Thanks.

2. 337

337 Registered Member

I tried it and got rid of it. It is an ondemand scanner to check your PC for viruses, spyware, & PC health.. It also sends feed back to MS.. So I ditched it. There are many other/better online scans available--IMHO :)

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I thought Onecare Advisor was sorta like McAfee's SiteAdvisor? It is kinda described that way....a toolbar add-on type of thing. What I am looking for is a site advisor besides the one McAfee offers. Would you know of any?

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

there is site hound from firetrust there is a free version which is good
    can be found here
    http://www.firetrust.com/firetrustsitehound.html
    lodore

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I don't waste much time on Microsoft's security. There is nothing new or sensational in it and their security softwares will be a target of the bad guys.

Windows OneCare = Firewall, Antivirus, Antispyware = one of the many security suites.

Windows OneCare Advisor protects you against viruses, spyware, online fraud and identity theft,
    - while Windows OneCare also protects you against viruses and spywares (= double)
    - while IE7 also has anti-phishing features (= double)
    That is very clear for average users. Pffft. :rolleyes:

6. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

The One Care Advisor contains the latest version of the Miscrosoft phishing filter for IE 6, but when I installed IE7, I found the entire MSN toolbar to be useless. Antipihishing is already build into IE7 and there's no need for the MSN toolbar, IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.