One thing I would like to see that was in older versions of SWB.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by TheShooter, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheShooter

TheShooter Registered Member

One of the things I miss from the old SpywareBlaster is for it to show just the new items that were added after an update. I would like this so I can remove things from the custom blocking list when they are added to the main database (to keep it tidy), and just so I can see what has been added.

Any chance of this being added for the next release... Or is it in there and I am just blind?

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

No, you're right, it was apparently dropped in the new interface with 3.1 -- I'm another one who'd love to see it brought back to life.

Another "feature" we lost was ridiculously simple, at least from the user's viewpoint, but was also missed by quite a few of us in this version. That "Success!" notice when you enabled protection.

3. dak

dak Registered Member

I think there are two ways you can go about this (trying to do this from memory):
    1) After updating do not enable protection for the new items when asked. Instead, leave the update section and go to the protection section, select IE or restricted sites, etc., and the new items should still be in red. When through select enable all protection; or
    2) Before updating go to the custom blocking list and deselect all items, then disable the protection. Do the update and enable protection for the new items. Go back to the custom blocking list and any custom items listed that were moven into the database will be shown checked and in black. Remove them. Select all items and enable protection again. Now you have no duplicates.

On second thought if you combine the two - Deselect your custom list, then update and then not enable new protection, you should be able to look at the new items added. When finished looking, enable all protection and then go back to your custom list, remove the black entries and then enable protection again. That should do what you want (see the new database entries and tidy your custom list).

--
    dak

4. Erik Ayala

Erik Ayala Guest

Also I've noticed that ALL the new protections are at the bottom of the list right before the cookie list.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

You are correct - that feature isn't available in the 3.x releases so far. I'll see what I can do about adding it to a future release, although I'm not sure if it'll make it into the next one. :)

There are some other ways of obtaining similar functionality, as dak posted, which will hopefully make it easier for now. :cool:

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.