one question

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by promised, Apr 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. promised

promised Registered Member

I want to ask if the heuristics of ess final version will still base on 2.x code.Obviously the heuristics of beta1 base on 2.x.
    I hope the heuristics will be improved.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Advanced heuristics is an independent module and is not binded on any specific version of the program.

3. Netherlands

Netherlands Registered Member

Here is an interesting thing i found in the help:

Synergy

When developing security products, the ESET company always aims to seamlessly integrate all individual components in order to obtain a maximum synergic effect. In the same way as the integration of Antivirus and Antispyware into one scanning engine did not decrease the unprecedented engine’s speed, ESET devoted a lot of effort to integrate individual components, which means the users can enjoy all the advantages of a unified, complex solution.

ESET Smart Security contains a special control unit which interconnects all protection modules, so that information from all modules can be gathered when analyzing a potential threat. Even if you are not working on your computer right now, many operations take place in the background – programs access to files, start other programs, or connect to the Internet. The components of the ESET Smart Security constantly monitor such operations and send reports about suspicious activities to the control unit. If a suspicious activity was detected by any of the modules, all other modules can be modified in order to detect a potential, otherwise unknown threat.

Could be interpeted as a new layer of heuristics (communication between antivirus-firewall etc)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.