One question for you: Prevx2.0 or Cyberhawk?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by sharketor, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharketor

sharketor Registered Member

What do you suggest I use?

:)

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

For the rank and file here to help you, they need to know what other security applications you are currently using.

3. sharketor

Nod32 + windows firewall.....

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

either one works fine. Some will say Prevx, some will say Cyberhawk. Why not try each one and see what fits your style better. You cant go wrong with either.

5. sharketor

Well, if someone can suggest me instead of triyng, it's better.....;)

I'll save my time.

:)

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I might leaner closer to Prevx but I think Cyberhawk is lighter. And like trjam said, its better if you try the apps yourself.

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

If you want to read about each, there are numerous threads here on both. Just query each ones name in the search engine here.

8. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Use Cyberhawk.

9. tepe2

tepe2 Registered Member

I use Cyberhawk free. Like it. Never tried Prevx.

I use Cyberhawk together with Nod 32 and Windows firewall. I will add DSA to my setup soon. And probably change to Comodo firewall.

10. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

I think Prevx2 runs a slightly tighter ship than Cyberhawk. But all those pauses when it authenicates something new starting might get annoying, plus all the scans?? at startup??

11. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Tough choice. Cyberhawk Pro for these reasons. It seems to run lighter, and at this point seems to be more trouble free. And Prevx 2 for these reasons. It possibly offers better protection, and has more choices with settings and features. I currently use a-squared because it kind of combines the two, and it can be set so it doesn't start up after reboot (I know an exe still runs) which then enables me try other security programs without it interfering. I don't believe there is a way to do this with either Prevx or CH.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  12. duke1959

My only worry is what may happen now that PC Tools has it. They have done an outstanding job with their Firewall, but from what I read in here Spyware Doctor is another case all together. I believe Prevx has been quick to fix some of the troubles a few people had recently, but maybe users of both products will chime in about this. I never had any trouble with prevx 2 or the last few releases of Cyberhawk. Both install and uninstall well so as was already mentioned here, give each one a try.

13. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Both on board here, some overlap but each seems to offer some extra cover over the other. Negligible effect on my system which is not cutting edge.

The PrevX fully functional 'trial' is free until some detection, tech support is good

Using CH V2 free: they now have a useful forum up and running.

Both CH and PrevX support have been active here.

Get both: why not?

14. duke1959

Doesn't Prevx 2 now have Behavior Analysis, and if so wouldn't it be over kill to run Cyberhawk with it which is also a Behavior Blocker?

15. SMPRICESOLUTIONS

SMPRICESOLUTIONS Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  16. daddymo3

daddymo3 Registered Member

I also run both at the same time. I did disable,"Analyze Running Programs" on Prevx2 though. Everything running smoothly....I am also using NOD32.

17. duke1959

a-squared Anti-Malware has Behavorial Detection like CH does. So maybe I could use Prevx 2 with a-squared Anti-Malware then and not have any problems, right?

18. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

Is it giving you good speed ?

I am also using Prevx and my system is very slow with Prevx.

19. duke1959

I am using Prevx 2 as of today with a-squared, but with the IDS part of it's Guard turned off. There is some overlap between what Prevx covers and what a-squared covers, so I wonder now because of this, if Cyberhawk would be a better choice to use with a-squared?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  20. danny9

danny9 Departed Friend

Have never seen any kind of speed loss on my system using Prevx 1 or 2.
    Runs very well for me. :cool:

21. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I use Cyberhawk Pro and love it.

22. duke1959

tram I'm looking for a reason to use CH instead of Prevx 2 with a-squared, so what exactly do you love about? I like it for a more set and forget program than even Prevx is, but Prevx2 is running well along side a-squared so far.

23. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Personally I think its detection ability is better, it is quieter and what else can I sat. I tried both, and yellow beat green.:)

24. duke1959

trjam, I couldn't miss the fact that you use Avira. (LOL) I have used a 6 month trial of Avira PP and it is definitely a good product. I'm currently using the Antivirus Component only of my AVG Security Suite as I have another year or so on my license, and because I like to roll my own security suite. This is why I use a-quared Anti-Malware, and since I'm behind a router fw just Windows XP FW. I do however want to add either Cyberhawk or Prevx so thanks for your help. There are some things I like about both products which makes it hard to decide., but I'm leaning towards CH because I think it may compliment a-squared better than Prevx.

25. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Hi,
    I have used both and prefer CH for several reasons, the main one being that I was one of those people who could not get Prevx2 to run in a stable manner. Much more like an early beta programme on my machine, caused all sorts of conflicts and I had to remove it in the end. Another thing to consider, even if your machine is happy with Prevx2, is that it needs to be calling back to base via the internet all the time to check and confirm this that and the other. OK perhaps if you have a fast connection, but what if you can only get 512kbps instead of say 8mbps or faster, or are still on dial up? I do wonder if this could be why it seems to slow some peoples machines down so much. But I am not an expert on such matters so I could be completely wrong, just wondered. I would also suggest that you read this post over at Castle Cops if you have not already seen it http://www.castlecops.com/t195054-Prevx2_really_does_slow_me_down.html
    The bit I found interesting was on the second page where the Prevx people are explaining how it works. I don't know how many people are happy with that kind of situation, I just know that I'm not. Maybe I'm paranoid but I don't like it.
    Ian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.