One more try - help me get it right

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alabama978, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alabama978

Alabama978 Registered Member

You will see an earlier post further down the forum https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=130609 of my attempts to recover from the NTLDR missing error. Well nothing worked, including Acronis ISO file that repairs the MBR, in fact it gave me the new error of "no operating system" when I used it.

I will now completely re-install win xp media center and then try again since I like the product but if I get the same result then I cannot spend any more time with it.

So please can someone suggest the steps to test TI Worksation (yesterdays build) here.

I want to be able to do a backup of the windows partition, and also a separate backup of data from the other partition and drive.

My PC

Dell dimension 9150
    2 X 160 gb drives originally striped 0 RAID but now set as single drives in Combination mode in the BIOS - is this the correct way to do it?

C drive partitioned - 40 Gb for Win Xp and remainder as a separate partition. Is 40 too big? I just thought I would leave a bit of space as Win always seems to grow.

Second drive full size, no partition.

I chose TI over Ghost since TI can restore single folders as well as complete images.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. Alabama978

Alabama978 Registered Member

Re: Answering my own post - Acronis is not for me :-(

Well, I have re-installed windows twice since my post and despite trying to get it working sad to say Acronis just trashes the NTLDR each time. Their ISO repair tool merely renders the windows software unusable too in it's attempt to fix the MBR.

I also considered building a BART PE boot disk with the Acronis Plug in to see if that would work. Sadly you cannot get a copy of the plug in unless you are a registered user of the full Acronis software.

<snip>
    Al

edited to remove software plug - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2006
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.