One Click Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gorolla, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorolla

gorolla Registered Member

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest copy of the Acronis Image 9.1 Server for Windows to test the One Click Restore function, which I have read on the Internet that it is a new feature from Acronis and there were a large number of positive feedbacks toward the Acronis Backup Software over Norton Ghost. The backup were completed successfully onto 3 DVDs and the 1st DVD were bootable. However I have hit the problem of trying to restore the image onto a new hard disk, it keeps on saying the backup image cannot be found on the DVD. I have tried to swap the DVDs, but the same thing happens. Then I have tried to use the bootable recovery disk to boot up the system, then recover from that, but it cannot see the files on the DVDs as well.

However if I booted into Windows and run TI, it can the files, also the files can be view under Windows. Just want to ask how can I make the One-Click Restore function to work? Thank you.

Regards,

Jeff Wang

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

The problem you encounter is caused by the fact that you use build 3633 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows free trial version. This build is the first one where the DVD recording capability is introduced and has several known problems described in this previous thread. One of the problems is that Acronis True Image is not able to see backups when it is operating in Linux based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when using 'Full' version of Bootable Rescue Media or Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. However, this problem was investigated and fixed. The fix is implemented in build 3666 which is available for every registered Acronis True Image user in the Product Updates section of his\her account at our web site. The free trial versions of build 3666 are not uploaded yet for the specific reasons. We are very sorry for this inconvenience.

I've sent you the download link for build 3666 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows free trial version via Private Message. Using build 3666 there should not be any problems restoring the image saved to one or several DVDs.

Please also take a look at this previous thread describing some Acronis One-Click Restore peculiarities.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows in the respective User's Guide.

You may also find Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows FAQ page helpful.

If you are satisfied with the work of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows free trial version, please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product. Note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase. In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.