On Windows 7: GUI only shows when maximized

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stueycaster, May 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

I'm using Version 4.0.424 on the Windows 7 RC1. Recently the only way I can view the window is to view it maximized. If I try to use it on the "restore" setting it goes to the taskbar and won't show at all.

This is a minor annoyance really. The only reason I prefer the "restore" view is because I like to keep an eye on my CPU Monitor gadget. I am still using a single core processor and can't multitask well. My computer's needs have to take a back seat to the family's needs and desires.

I think it's probably because of something in the o/s. It wasn't doing it in the Win7 Beta. However the ESS window is the only program with this problem. I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this.

2. stueycaster

As usual I get the weird problems that nobody else does. Oh well. I've contacted Eset with this. If I get a fix for it I'll post it here. I think I'm going to get the new version even though I don't have the problems that it fixes. Maybe a new install will fix this.

3. stueycaster

The new install didn't fix it. I deleted all the Eset folders I could find first. I don't know where to go from here. Oh well. See yall later.

4. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

Windows 7 is still in its development stage (RC) so full compatibility cannot be excepted yet. Did you try the latest build of ESET Smart Security 4, v4.0.437.0 available here.

Regards,

Mark.

5. stueycaster

Thanks. It's not a big deal. I can use it maximized.

I love the way Eset products don't seem to bog down my system at all. I've had a little experience with McAfee recently (on someone else's computer) and I can't believe how slow their stuff is. Also I can still remember the bad taste that Norton left me with during my early computing years.

My system is about 5 years old and still has a single core processor so I need all the help I can get.

6. stueycaster

I fixed this problem. All I did was run System File Checker. It also put the "Windows 7 test" watermark back. I think maybe it is something that happened when I removed the watermark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.