On demand scan

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by dormix, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dormix

dormix Registered Member

When I play the on-demand scan ESS stops on a file for very long time.
    I'm waiting more than half hour and the GUI is the same. There is a difference from the file shown by "Target:" and log window but from taskmanager I can see that ekrn.exe has a different usage of CPU performance as demonstration of of good work on many different files. In last scans I waited more than one hour first stop the scan. Does is this another GUI problem?
    WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE 32b

Attached Files:

• Scan.jpg
      Scan.jpg
      File size:
      69.2 KB
      Views:
  2. dormix

dormix Registered Member

25 minutes after all is regular. Scan go on.
    The weight of file "Subwiz.tlb" is 12,4 kb and the folder shown by "Target:" is after of the file.
    Any suggestion?

3. woody72

woody72 Registered Member

Sorry mate no suggestions but the on demand scanner is having a terrible time of scanning .rar files

4. dormix

dormix Registered Member

As you can see in some last post of this forum there was problems opening .rar archive. The ESS log showed " INTERNAL ERROR" for all this files and the name of the post is the same. Sombody said that there isn't any difference of time between ESS and NOD32 v2.7. Some time, because ESS GUI don't refresh, there could be some incomprehension. Please try to look for this posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.