On-Demand Scan with Alternate Credentials

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by OmegaZero, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmegaZero

OmegaZero Registered Member

Apologies if this has been covered previously - I tried a search but did not find anything. I need to get my scheduled weekly scan to run as an alternative account so that it has access to everything. Are there instructions for this somewhere?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Create a scheduled task that will run ecls.exe with the desired parameters via the OS scheduler.

3. OmegaZero

I can do that - any idea off hand how I can get the parameters from the scheduled scan in NOD? I'd like to use the same setup if possible...

4. Marcos

Since the local system account should have access to all folders on the disk, you shouldn't need to run a scheduled scan in a specific user account.

5. OmegaZero

In this case the local system account does not have access to all files - hence the need for alternate credentials.

6. OmegaZero

In case anyone is following this thread or has this issue...

Changing the account that the ESET service runs as will change the credentials that are used by all scans, both scheduled and real time. In order to do this you'll need to disable self-defense under the antivirus and antispyware section of the advanced menu. You'll then be able to change the account that the ESET service runs as by going to computer manager, opening properties for the service, and changing Log-on as. A reboot is required for the change to take effect since the service is set as non-restartable. Don't forget to re-enable self-defense when the computer comes back up.

I wish it hadn't taken 3 forum posts and 8 emails to ESET support to get this figured out. That's some awesome service right there.

7. Marcos

It is not possible to run scheduled scans in other than the local system account.

8. OmegaZero

Sorry Marcos, but that is incorrect. I have this set up and working on my machines right now as directed by ESET support. If your information differs I suggest you talk to the guys in support...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.