On access spyware programs Runing togther

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AnthonyG, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I am just wondering as everyone says to me that two on access antiviruses will cause havoc and be detrimental. No body has mentioned about more than one on access spyware programs.

As i use spywareblaser, spywareguard and ms antispyware. I plan on buying spysweeper too. And i have adwatch which i havent switched on (more so as i do not know how to as everytime i reboot it dissapears from my running processes?)

Would they mess up my system running all together or will they work harmonious with each other?

Thanks

2. undercover1

undercover1 Guest

I would say that using SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard and MS anti-spyware together would be a good combination, and perhaps adding Adwatch to the mix, though MS anti-spyware covers many of the functions of Adwatch.

I wouldn't add SpySweepers active protection if I was running all the former mentioned apps. But SpySweeper could be used for manual scans.

3. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Some spyware apps can actually compliment each other......ie. one may find things that the other doesn't. I'm using Spybot, Adaware and Spywareblaster and they all play nicely together.

4. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

While I wouldn't normally run more than one anti-spyware real-time scanner at a time, I have run the following combination of real-time scanners without any apparent interference:
    - MicroTrend IS2005
    - Trojan Hunter
    - Spy Sweeper
    - Spyware Doctor

I like both Spyware Doctor and SpySweeper, but I think the excellent implementation of the 'shields' concept in Spy Sweeper makes it a superior product.

One aggravation with Spy Sweeper: Activating the 'Common Ads Shield' causes interference with the function of the 'Back' button on my IE browser. This is really just an aggravation, since the ad shield is really quite effective - and it's use is optional.

Forget SpywareGuard. I trialled it for a week, and it missed common adware cookies that SpywareDoctor, AdAware and Spybot find.

Two of the most effective steps I've taken are immunization with SpywareBlaster and hardening my IE browser with modified security and privacy settings.

Hope this helps!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.