Omniquad firewall : another ZA clone?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by no13, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

http://www.omniquad.com/pfirewall.htm

looks like another ZA clone (ever since ZA sold some of their tech to CA... somehow I've com to expect ZA clones)

2. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

It's amazing how many companies are doing this these days...

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I've kinda wondered about this one myself.. I think I've settled on my own firewall, and am to preoccupied with that and other things to try a new one right now, but I'd like to see more about this one for reference.

4. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

well... Not much up on their site... some one has to install it first, and I'm not up for anything new... Tiny won't install here and I'm flummoxed (all my energies go there)...
    Plus every one is wary of a new firewall (even new versions) these days.
    Maybe its manual should be found first, eh?

5. Kryspy

Kryspy Guest

Yup,

Tiny turned out to be a piece of crap here too. Absolutely nothing has ever caused a BSOD on my XP Pro box for years until I put that shotty piece of software in. Even with the new drivers it was only a matter of time before it reared it's ugly head again.

Kryspy

6. Kryspy

Kryspy Guest

Umm,

Nevermind, my bad. I checked the windows/system32/drivers folder and I had indeed unzipped the new Tiny Firewall drivers in there but they were unzipped in their native folder of x86 and therefore did not replace the old ones.

Tiny Firewall 6.5.2 running all day fine here without a hiccup at all :)

Kryspy

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Well with ZoneLabs being bought out and so many problems with 5.x, I kind'a welcome a knock off or clone if it is cleaner and works better, uses less resources and so on...I am not one to fiddle with firewalls. Generally I am listening to others and evaluating carefully before I make any installs (changes). :doubt:

8. Hi, I tryed this firewall some time ago, I remember that it works fine and passes very good stealth tests in every place, but it doesn´t stop any leak test. As I said it was some time ago. It is better zone alarm of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.