Old PM's - gone for good?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Blackcat, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

With the new 'board' have all our old pm's now gone or will they be restored?

I had a number of messages which I would have liked to have kept, but I did not get round to saving :'(

If gone, I will know what to do this time round.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi Blackcat,

We are trying to work something out in this regard. (Well actually LowWaterMark is ;) )
    Not promising anything, but I wanted to let you know we are trying to give everyone a chance to get the lost IM´s back.

Regards,

Pieter

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Okay, and here is the solution...

We're going to open up the old YaBB SE forum in archive mode for the next 3 days to allow members to get in there and pick up anything left behind when we moved (IMs, avatars...). Effectively this means all threads and forum sections are locked there now. New topics can not be started, replies can not be added, and new member registrations will not be processed.

Also, only those who were existing members of that forum can get in there. Since only members had IMs and avatars, and that's why we're opening it, guests will not be able to get in. (Even search engines are being blocked from access so they won't try to continue indexing that old forum.)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/YaBB-SE/index.php

Be aware that there might be cookie and access problems here after having logged into the old forum. If you encounter such problems here at any point after accessing there, then close all browser sessions, clear cache and all cookies related to wilders, and try to sign in fresh to this forum.

4. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

It was nice to get in for a moment, just to browse around, but it's true - you can't go 'home' again. Thank you for the brief trip down Memory Lane.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.