old laptop died and cant reinstall on new pc

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by goldendolphin, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldendolphin

goldendolphin Registered Member

Hi,

I have smart security on my old laptop, (the harddrive failed). I now cant reinstall it on this one. How do I go about reinstalling?

Is its becuase ESET still think I have it on my old laptop? If so what can I do?

Thanks

GD

2. dwmtractor

dwmtractor Registered Member

What do you mean by "can't reinstall?" I've never seen the install binary fail to install on ANY machine. The only thing that manages your license is the username and password, and if they are still valid, you'll certainly be able to use them on your new machine.

Where in the process is your attempt failing, and what, if any, error messages are you seeing?

Are your old & new machines the same OS? The one thing that might fail (I'm totally guessing here) could be if your old binaries were for 32 bit and now you're trying to install them on a 64-bit OS. . .but this is a really wild stab in the dark. A bit more detail from you would go a long way. . . :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.