ok, which paid antivirus is best? :)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Lawrence Connor, Apr 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benvan45

Benvan45 Registered Member

Good for you and indeed too bad about Kav 6, as it looks great and detection is great, but performance should be great also!

2. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Same here, I have a license for both programs and I can't tell the difference.
    The time to run a complete scan with NOD32 is much shorter than KAV 6.0 but as far as one program being faster than the other in terms of pages downloading or making a PC faster of slower I see no difference.
    I wonder sometimes when I read these types of threads how do people determine fast and slow programs.
    Whats fast to one person may seem slow to another and vice versa.
    I don't use the default settings for either program, I visit the same exact web sites as I always do and I still don't see any difference.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  3. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

Well I definately can tell. With KAV 6, I can go from one page to another quickly enough, but it takes a little long for the page to open completely. Even my Outlook Express opens a little slower with KAV 6. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking minutes, but it is several seconds. It seem to get even worse after a full system scan. I don't know why KAV 6 acts this way on my computer, but it does. I wish it didn't because I like everything else about it. Who knows, maybe I'll give it another try one of these days.

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I have gone to crazy hieghts with KAV and KIS 2006 running it along side such as Online Armor, Spyware Doctor, Ghost Security Suite, RegRun Gold, Ewido, ProcessGuard not all together though but some yes and I have never seen a slow down like what is mentioned here. The only slow down I have seen is some in browser speed compared in KB\s when running speed tests , but I have a 5 MB downstream line, so I can't tell the minor difference. As far as resources go, I think KAV\KIS is by far the winner even if all modules are installed. Don't get me wrong, all the other AV's mentioned here are great protection too, but I think they use a little more resources for my taste. The one that comes close to KAV 2006 would probably by Nod32. And like others say, I wouldn't use a knockoff AV who uses someone elses engine too, with the exception being OA AV+ when its completely done.

dja2k

5. lotuis

lotuis Registered Member

Kav 6 takes large CPU Usage.
    :ninja: System Resource=CPU Usage+Mem Usage.

6. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Have you enabled "Application Integrity Control" or "Registry Guard" in the ProactiveDefense Module? These are not the default settings and these 2 can give high CPU spikes on some sytems.

Otherwise you might have a conflict with other software on your machine. No problems here with either avp.exe.

Attached Files:

7. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I am at 0% CPU usage too when nothing is going on. You might have something fishy going on in your computer. ;)

dja2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.