Ok, so how would you improve my setup?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I fell in love with Sandboxie, even registering it after just three days of testing. I back up my whole drive to a Maxtor external once/week with Ghost 10. My enabled list of running anti-malware apps includes NOD32 and Spy Sweeper (or if I want I can enable Spyware Doctor (my work license), which I normally only turn on to update once/week), Comodo Firewall and hard wired behind a Linksys WRT54G. I know many of you are against monitoring programs, but they seem to have very little influence on my page rendering speeds. Most sites render in less than two seconds and many in fractions of a second when not even cached, this according to the Fasterfox page timer, and once cached during a session, always fractions. Although security should always be a top priority, since I've never had any malware, even before using Sandboxie, I'm kind of more interested in why you use more than one virtualization program and what you would recommend (preferably freeware, since I subscribe to a lot already) and how/when you use it with Sandboxie and do I really need a hips program? Thank you for reading all of this, I know it's a lot of questions (and comas! lol)!

2. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

Want speed and resources to the max with security the same?

Sandboxie with Returnil and learn the ins and outs of both apps.

The only app you need at startup is Returnil with SB kicking in at launching your browser.

Keep your AV's and AS's but I would use these as on demand.Delete the Sandbox before a scan and they won't find a thing anyways!

If you want a hips it's really up to you as running Retunil and Sandboxie is awfully quiet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.