Ok quick question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DWk, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DWk

DWk Registered Member

I see all this threads and topics about making a bootable CD and recovering a HDD image from a network drive.

I've never recovered anything with ATI before (just made some image backups), so I have no experience whatsoever.

I put the image on my second HDD. Does the boot program (and I'm assuming it's a program hehe :D) let you specify which location your image is located? And by that, I mean in your own computer?

Thanks, and thanks for not flaming this noobish question :p

2. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

On your own computer (i.e. not a network drive), yes you SHOULD be able to select and restore an image. Just burn the recovery CD and then boot with that CD. Start the 'restore image' wizard to see for yourself. You can go through the steps of selecting the image and destination before committing to a restoration.

Depending on your hardware, you may or may not be able to actually get to that point. See the numerous posts about SATA and RAID HDD setups. TI support has been nonexistent, but is showing signs of renewed activity. Finally, we are seeing prerelease builds that have better SATA and RAID support (772 and 773).
    The boot CD uses Linux.

3. DWk

DWk Registered Member

Ah ok I see.

But no I don't have any SATA drivers so there would be no problem :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.