OK Not the sort of question that is normal...

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Firecat, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Guys,

I know this sounds strange but can you tell me which shampoo would nourish the hair better? One with Egg protein or herbal ones?

Y'see I dont have an all-in-one shampoo here, I have to apply one for dandruff removal, one for nourishing, and one for conditioning...three in total!

And I put in shampoo weekly (while bathing of course)...

I pay a lot off attention to my err...outlook. So on weekdays I take half-hour to bathe and weekends I take about two or three hours (don't laugh please)... :oops:

Yes, I bathe everyday...and put perfumes...

<Now y'see I'm somewhat fair and I dont want to lose my complexion so sometimes I also use facial creams--->dont laugh please :oops: )

And all this is true, no kidding.

Anyone?

Best Regards,
    Firecat

2. Shep Valdez

Shep Valdez Guest

Hey Shique, nothing wrong w/ that ?. Just the kind of fodder we want in 10F. Will dispatch an Estee Lauder rep to your abode forthwith. After you are done w/your makeover check out the thread "Do you wear boxers or briefs!

Tata, Shep

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

I take a try here Firecat,

The egg protein typically functions as a additive to improve hair sheen and, depending on formulation details, will sometimes have a volumizing effect. The herbal shampoos contain natural extracts which often function as moisturizers and can also increase hair sheen. Generally, as I recall, no volumizing effect - but this can be accomplished with a styling gel whenever desired.

If you can't get a multifunction shampoo, I'd go with a herbal variant myself with a conditioning wash somewhere in there.

For skin care, one of the mild microbead cleaning formulations with added AHA or BHA (alpha or beta hydroxy acid) to clean and exfoliate is usually a good add-on and typically neglected by younger folks. There's lots of these now on the market.

Blue

4. Firecat

Thanks Blue. Maybe I'll stick to the Egg protein for now - It gives volumiser effect and I have a separate one for conditioner.

Others? Hehe..Wonder how long normal people take for such baths?

5. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

As for this,

Take a shower, it's much quicker. ;)

I'm in and out in 10 minutes, twice a day. Much more time efficient . :D ;) :D

snowbound

6. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I would think just using 1 shampoo would be better than 3. Everyone you use after the first, is just going to wash away the effects of the others. I'm no expert, but I would think it would work that way.

7. Firecat

Possibly...but then there would be 'remnants' right?

8. beetlejuice

After all that washing, I wouldn't think there would be enough left to do any good.

9. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Why do I get the feeling that this Thread is going to go rapidly down the 'Plug-hole' together with the Shampoo.........? :D

Cochise, :cool:

10. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Hi Firecat!!

First of all, I commend you for caring about your grooming! It's a good thing to start young, it a compliment not only to yourself, but to others.

You can actually use tooo much product on your hair,it will actually weigh your hair down and make it feel greasy.

You are so young, I doubt you need all that! Your diet has as much to do with your hair and complexion as all the 'outer' products. More fruits or vegetables, fish or poultry - are you a vegetarian, you might need more protein, like soy.

Here are some links for young men, they should help!

(A word to the wise, one thing I notice about young men is they seem to go overboard on the 'perfume' as you call it, just a little goes a long way!! Remember most hair care products also have a perfume, whew!! You don't want a whole bunch of conflicting smells - you don't want to have people smell you coming dozens of feet away!! Good Luck!!)

Just for Men - Grooming Tips Section
    http://www.gopilipinas.com/magazine/MenGrooming.htm

Expert Advice on a Variety of Guy-Specific Skin Topics
    http://www.everydaywarriors.com/teens/art_guy_skinadvice_ARA.html

Hair Removal | Wax | Shaving | Teens | Electrolysis | Razors | Shave
    http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p988.htm

How would BJ know about shampoo, I didn't think his head would stop spinning long enough to put any ono_O Hmmmmm, must be dangerous to shave too!:eek: :eek:

11. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

Well, not yet, Cochise, surely you have some grooming tips to share with the youngster? Being so suave and all?? :D ;)

12. beetlejuice

Well, with my head spinning around, it makes it extremely easy to apply shampoo. All the spinning motion really makes a good lather too. I don't need a hair dryer either. Just "spin dry". :D

13. Sugabella

Sugabella Registered Member

I like men (boys ) that take care of there self. I think that you will grow up to be a very nice and clean man. I also use joico it is like 15.00 but i like how my hair looks after i use it . :rolleyes:

14. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:) The wildman, having worn a crew cut since the age of five, does not worry to much about the shampoo. I would think that any good mens shampoo would do the job. I use the after shave, an in a small amount, a little goes a long way, you don't need the most expensive brand either. For me neat appearance is the key. The military also taught me to bathe rather quickly.

Thanks
    wildman
    :) ;)

15. dog

dog Guest

Hi Firecat, ;)

The easiest method for maintaining your hair and scalp, rather than go thru the rigamarole solution you utilize, would be to employ the "military" haircut. :) It will eliminate any need for any of the products you mentioned. You will effortlessly look groomed all the time. The only maintenance required is to keep it trimmed weekly. ;) ..::It looks pretty Sexy as well::.. (maybe the ladies can comment on this) :)

I also favour Snowbound suggestion for "showers", not only are they quicker, but you don't end up sitting in soiled water, so they are a cleaner solution as well. I'm a ~two a day~ guy as well. ;)

Now that you saved all this time on this end of grooming, you can utilize the saved time to groom other aspects ... ie. nails, cuticles, nose/ear hair, trim eyebrows, dental hygiene ... etc. etc. ;)

Steve

16. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Military style haircut here :D Shower once a day :D

Jimbob

17. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Who are you trying to kid dog......the moment they fill the tub and take off your collar your GONE.......AND you forgot to mention the Flea Powder episode.... :D

Cochise, :cool:

18. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Please!....let's not have a thread on nose hair! My hair solution....Wahl Clippers...#2 on top....#1 on back and sides. Hair never gets longer than a half inch. Wash it with anything thats going!
    Cheers.

19. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

AND.......rolling in the dirt half soaped up and drenched!! :D

Hey Kaushick,

A bit of wax here and there every couple of days helps retain healthy hair.

Also your diet is important to your hair.

Drinking is out ( when your old enough my friend )
    http://www.funny-pet-pictures.com/pictures/squirrels_moles/1.jpg

and smoking is not good for your hair......
    http://www.funny-pet-pictures.com/pictures/squirrels_moles/5.jpg

Don't forget to twirl your moe ( if you have one )

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39145000/jpg/_39145200_moustache_ap300.jpg

If problems persist.......See your doctor.

20. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey kaushik,

Instead of wasting all that time w/the above suggestion you could just go and get a commercial size potato peeler. Put in a couple scoops of bubble bath, fill it up, jump in, let er rip. It will take care of hair trims (and all other body hair) except for nose and ears (see big bucks post for that). Nails and cuticles will cease to be of concern. See Cochise's post for fleas and ticks or ask Dog for advice.

Play on, big ed

21. ShampooGuru

ShampooGuru Guest

If you're really into this sort of thing (trying to figure out the best shampoo for your scalp, not hair), try the following link:

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/about/articles/healthy11.cfm

If your hair is damaged by abuse, chemicals, etc., it may be best to cut it short and let it grow back out. One thing you can do for future hair growth is to get your scalp in shape. This is what a good shampoo will do. If done with natural herbs and oils, you'll have the best head of hair on earth (I'm assuming you have hair to grow).

22. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

If the potato peeler doesn't work, you could always try Hydrochloric Acid....Yul used to swear by it! :D

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/MMPH-E/254307.jpg

23. CartoonBoy

CartoonBoy Registered Member

24. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Uh huh Buckster

And where is he now? Belly up!

Play on, big ed

25. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Do what the ancient Egyptians did: ;)

"Documented skin and hair softening formulas for ancient Egyptians included hippopotamus fat, gazelle dung, writing fluid and ground donkey teeth mixed with honey."

Hair Mask Spa Secrets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.