Oh dear lord!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Army_Wife2001, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Army_Wife2001

Army_Wife2001 Registered Member

I have never had problems before, ESET gets them before I notice anything. THe last couple days I kept getting a prompt to install software. After hitting cancel it would NOT go away until I rebooted. THEN it just wouldn't go away yesterday. So I looked up the file on the windows board. msiexec.exe every board I looked at said it was a windows secruity update. I had my reservations, but figured ESET would clean it out. So I installed it, then ran ESET and sure enough, some files were found. THEN this morning I turn on my computer and it's like it is getting attacked. my alert box is CONSTANTLY up and has NOT gone away. It is currently as I type this at: Number of blocked attacks: 2933 and it is still going. The threat says: a variant of Win32/Kryptik.OKQ trojan.

WHAT IS THISo_O Why won't it stop!! HOLY CRAP!!!

Stacey

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

I sent you a Private Message. I hope we can help you clean this threat from your computer.

3. curious george

curious george Registered Member

It seems eset is very vunerable to this. I usually suggest ESET to my customers whether they get the a/v or a/v with firewall is up to them, but lately, those customers have been calling me in mass numbers with this infection.

I was wondering what eset was going to do about this, and if need be, what can i setup on their computers to prevent this?

4. volvic

volvic Registered Member

other than eset what are you running?

5. get_it

get_it Registered Member

Samples, Samples, Samples!!!

Send in the damn samples of infected files, give ESET a chance to analyse and provide signatures.

They have one of the fastest reactive times usually adding/providing detection/signatures within a few hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.