Offshore e-mail providers?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by BuckoA51, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuckoA51

BuckoA51 Registered Member

Is there a thread on here discussing offshore e-mail providers? I signed up for an account with a provider called "Neomailbox.com". Big mistake, after the months trial was well and truly over, suddenly the majority of the messages I received just started disappearing, showing only the subject header. Their technical support is useless and never gets back to you, so it's time to move on even though they conned a years subscription out of me.

Yes, I know e-mail is a stupidly insecure way of communicating anyway, but that aside, are there any relatively trustworthy providers I can use?

2. Countermail is #1, professional staff who know what their talking about, good security and encryption standards, only drawback is you need JAVA installed.

3. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

4. BuckoA51

BuckoA51 Registered Member

Thanks everyone, I was looking at Countermail and it seems like they offer both very secure web mail via Java (if that's not an oxymoron) and IMAP access too, so I could just use IMAP, Thunderbird and PGP plugin which would work just fine. Looks like Countermail will get my business then.

5. Good choice, they really know their business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.