Offline installation with configuration in 3.0?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by PRJUS, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

In version 2.7 you could unpack the installer and inject your own XML configuration file and get a configured NOD32 without having to use the nod32installer.exe (now einstaller.exe).

This was very usefull in situations where you had clients that never or almost never came online with your Remote Administrator server.

In version 3.0 we have an MSI-file (which by itself is a good thing) but I can't find a way to tell the installer to take a preconfigured XML-file and use that so I can send an installation script to users that are offline.

I have looked into the MSI-file but can't find any properties that would allow this.

As far as I can see the only option is a manual installation and manual configuration giving the end users the userid/password for the update site and locking down the configuration would also be useless.

Is there a way to do this?

Kind regards
    Preben Justesen

2. XN04113

XN04113 Registered Member

Hi,

please read page 48 of the new eset RA Installation and User Doc.
    The file has to be named cfg.xml or specified with path by the command line parameter ADMINCFG="path\filename".
    I checked that version one works (cfg.xml), with ADMINCFG the log doesn't report the same success.

regards mike

3. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Thank you Mike - didn't see that.

/Preben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.