Offline File Sync issues

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by davids1, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davids1

davids1 Registered Member

Running ESET 4.2.71.2 - Windows 7 sp1
    When ESET is enabled we get an error in syncing offline files that states:
    1 error "The specified network name is no longer available". It will happen with random files. If I force a sync it will error out again on a different random file. Seems to only be happening when a user has a lot of data and it has to sync many files, like when deploying a new laptop or having the user log into a different system.
    If I clean out the Offline file cache and allow to sync with ESET disabled or just have "enable antivirus and antispyware protection" unchecked, it syncs without any issues.
    Any ideas? Has anyone else had this issue?

2. FreelanceWizard

FreelanceWizard Registered Member

Ah, so that's what's causing it. I can confirm that this can be replicated on NOD32 BE 4.2.64.12. What we have is a set of Windows 7 RTM and SP1 x64 users with folder redirection to per-users folders at a fixed UNC path. This folder is configured to be always offline. It seems to be a hit or miss thing; some users suffer the problem quite severely, whereas others have no issues with their offline files sync.

3. davids1

Unchecking the option "Advanced heuristics on executing files from removable media" seems to allow everything to sync normally again. I would like to keep this enabled, but I will disable it for now until ESET can fix the issue in an update...
    ESET employees - Are you aware of this issue already or do I need to create a support ticket?

4. davids1

Unfortunately that did not solve the problem entirely. Users started to experience error messages like "A file changed on this computer while offline has been deleted or renamed on the server." As soon as I removed ESET from the system, the errors have disappeared. Still looking for a fix. :(

5. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

Try turning off indexing options on offline files. Or all network connections if so inclined. You can do this in control panel/indexing options.

6. minerat

minerat Registered Member

Yeah, this is really causing problems with our laptop users. We may have to migrate away from NOD... I've been using it since 2.7, but I can't stand the random issues like this anymore (like having to disable web access protection to resolve group policy errors).

7. EmpereurZorg

EmpereurZorg Registered Member

+1
    Hope v5 will resolve this issue (and others...). If not, bye bye Eset ! :doubt:

8. Mat3000

Mat3000 Registered Member

I tried several hours to find out why I get the offline files error "The specified network name is no longer available". Finally I found out - ESET is causing this! My OS is W7 x64 with SP1. ESET version 4.2.71.2.

Is there any information about when this issue will be addressed by ESET?

9. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

If you have this problem, I suggest opening a support request.

10. sedell

sedell Registered Member

Has anyone actually contacted support yet? I just started running into this on a couple of new laptops. I contacted support this morning about this, and they don't seem to know anything about it. The usual try this, try that, but nothing has worked so far.

11. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Exclude scanning of C:\Windows\CSC and disable scanning for network drives on real-time scanning. That generally should take care of it.

12. sedell

sedell Registered Member

Just tried that. It still fails with the same error.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.