OFFICIAL RELEASE - Prevx 3.0.5.67 with SafeOnline

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by PrevxHelp, Feb 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello all,
    We're pleased to announce another release of Prevx 3.0 and SafeOnline with a number of improvements. This version is the same as the latest beta/RC and has been directly promoted to Live status rather than going through another version number.

You can download this version from: http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp

The complete list of changes over the previous live version (v3.0.5.50) are:

- Vastly simplified download process, now combining 64bit and 32bit downloads
    - Multiple language support (English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional)
    - Improved HOSTs file scanning
    - Improved keylogger prevention
    - Fixed compatibility with the Kaspersky Password Manager
    - Fixed compatibility with some printers
    - Fixed compatibility with iType
    - Minor text fixes

Thank you all for your hard work in testing and continued support :thumb: Please let me know if you have any questions!

2. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Joe, how long before this version will auto update?

3. ProrokX

ProrokX Registered Member

Yep, thats the question. From few releases, till last one, I have some small issues with auto update. When I click "check for updates" buton- nothing happens- only popup: you are currently using the newest Prevx software... But it is a false info. On official Prevx site there is a new version. So I wait, few hours, one day...and I must manually update my Prevx. Thats no problem for me, but Im wondering what for is "check for updates" button? 3 o 4 official releases behave the same...:doubt:

4. PatG

PatG Registered Member

When booting up this morning, was running the latest .67, blue gui and all. Guess I posted to early, huh? :)

5. kmr1685

kmr1685 Registered Member

prevxhelp i also having same question, if this is wrong. i am sorry. :(

6. PrevxHelp

We don't automatically release every new version to all of our existing users to help mitigate any problems or prevent any FPs from other vendors detecting the new version from knocking out large portions of our userbase. You should be able to update in the next couple days, or you can always download the newest version from the Prevx website directly :)

7. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Any luck in solving the incompatibilities with Google Toolbar? I'm still having the problems I mentioned in my other thread.

8. papillonn

papillonn Registered Member

snipping tool error disappeard :)

9. PrevxHelp

Not yet - but we are working on reproducing/correcting these issue right now and will hopefully have some answers in a new test version shortly :)

10. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

Hi Joe,
    Italian user and me too we detect a new behaviour of Prevx when you first install or update prevx, after you install or when you reboot Prevx at startup present a popup (to tell the true a window) with a simple gui talking about your Windows O.S. 32bit or 64 bit and only a choice Continue or abort
    Sorry I was surprised of this new windows so I don't have a snapshoot but I think you understand.

I think it depends of this new feature of Prevx 3.0.5.67 you mentioned
    Vastly simplified download process, now combining 64bit and 32bit downloads
    so prevx after installattion or reboot quickly detect automatically your O.S. and install the correct kernel drive, it's correct?
    Thanks

11. lol_84

lol_84 Registered Member

12. EraserHW

EraserHW Malware Expert

Yes, it's the new download process ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.