Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by BoerenkoolMetWorst, Apr 17, 2010.
Seems the RC has been made final
TH is late again
Ahhhh ha!!! And the beta is up to 22.214.171.124.
Thanks for posting.
Why is everything my fault today I don't even download the finals I think Joe is alittle slow today If you need to download http://info.prevx.com/downloadcsi.asp
Got it via the updater just now... Curious to see the changelog...
My Prevx updated to 126.96.36.199 yesterday and I have noticed major issues. Now when I open a browser, open a new tab, or click a link that opens a new browser or tab, there is about a 20 second lag. If I turn off the Safe Online feature this problem goes away. Same problem in multiple browsers.
Could you save a scan log by clicking Tools - Save Scan Results and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org? We will investigate it closer from there.
Hi Joe can you give us a changelog so that I can post at other websites! And also if you have a changelog for 188.8.131.52 Beta/RC in the other thread! https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=270462
The changelog from 106 to 124 is:
- Fixed the periodic printing issues with SafeOnline on Maximum protection
- Fixed a few issues with registry scanning
- Fixed some GUI logic issues when protection is disabled
- Fixed an issue integrating into the Windows 7 Action Center (when using a licensed version of Prevx)
- Fixed compatibility with Asian language input in secured browser instances
- Enterprise implementation improvements
- Improved protection for some currently unused infection techniques
- Improved compatibility with SpySweeper
- Improved compatibility with Google Desktop
- Updated the version information for 2010
- Fixed an issue in Chrome and IE on x64 PCs
- Fixed an issue requiring two clicks to show the browser clip
- Fixed an issue showing stored credentials on an x86 instance of Chrome on an x64 PC
- Significantly improved Opera support
- Added 64bit support for Opera and Chrome and significantly improved IE support
- Enabled automatic credential protection on insertion
- Compatibility fixes between SafeOnline and other keyboard filters (KeyScrambler and VMWare in particular)
- Improved the logical layout of the GUI for multiple languages pre-installation
- Fixed some issues automatically detecting proxy settings
- Significant uninstaller routine improvements to reduce the need to reboot after uninstallation
- Improved cleanup of system areas that have been tampered with by malware
- Improved some logic in credential protection and tying passwords to domains
- Core SafeOnline protection engine improvements to reduce memory usage and overhead
- Major improvements in Enterprise support, including preliminary support for roaming agents
The newest version is 184.108.40.206? Im asking because in this while I dont use computer with PrevX.
Yes, v220.127.116.11 is the newest official release - we have a beta release of 125 but it only has a minor change in the Enterprise installation/scanning process so it is largely irrelevant for Wilders users
SafeOnline doesnt work with Opera x64.
Also i can confirm slowdowns while opening browsers (Firefox & IE) with SafeOnline.
Same here, major slowdowns on all browsers (Opera, IE, ChromePlus). But on the other hand, ChromePlus support is nice!
I haven't noticed anything...No slow downs here !!
One thing which i have noticed that during heavy infection, This latest version of Prevx is not able to show the detected threats...But able to clean all the threats....I don't know what's wrong with the display menu where detected threats are shown after the scanning...
By the way thanks for the change logs...
Any news on this most annoying issue making SafeOnline impossible to keep enabled?
Yes, you should be able to correct this with the newest test version from http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?grab=edgebeta64
Let me know if the problems continue and I'll investigate further!
18.104.22.168 seems to have fixed it.
Separate names with a comma.