Official Eset Nod32 Antivirus forum?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by t.s.lim, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t.s.lim

t.s.lim Registered Member

Hello,

Today I do a google search for "Nod32", hopefully can find a hint for NOD32 from its users (I will post that later) and all out of a sudden, I find these forums!

How come you guys know about these forums?

I am a registered Nod32 user (June 2004). I like this antivirus mainly because it drags very little system performance and I have become a NOD32 reseller in my country. Though, only about a dozen of licenses sold so far :)

How come no one ever tell me there are such forums! It is not mentioned at www.nod32.com or in the emails when I purchased a license?

I think all (at least for registered) Nod32 users deserve to know the existence of such forums...

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

For me it was found on www.nod32.com.au :D

The sales will come, I am also a reseller, and find it really easy to sell a quality product... We have sold over 500+ licenses in 2 years...

Learn how to use it, learn how to tweak it, learn how to run a weekly scan...

There are some Sticky threads at the top of this forum that are very useful...

If you PM me I'll send you a guide that you can use to send your clients with their UN and PW when you recieve it from your Distributor...

Agreed.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. t.s.lim

t.s.lim Registered Member

Hello Blackspear,

In fact I don't really fit the title "Reseller". I am actually buying Nod32 licenses on behalf of my customers and then help them to setup antivirus protection. (my main business is on trade-related software, e.g. accounting software) I have to do that, because if any of my customer workstation is brought down by a virus, I will be the one to help bringing the workstation back to life ...

The main problem is, I can't download and prepare a set of Nod32 with the latest virus signature files and the program engine and install it for my customers (many of them are connecting to internet through a slow dialup connection). I was told on the phone by the distributor that it can't be done. i.e. every setup will need to update from scratch up to the current one.

I hope one day that cen be done.

t.s.lim

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Most AV's are like this, particularly if the boxed version is purchased.

However, even on a slow dial-up, NOD only takes a few minutes to upgrade to the latest version ;)

Presumably, even this should improve when the new beta goes gold and this becomes the standard version to download.

5. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

There is an easy workaround for this. All you need is admin version of NOD32. Just enable creating mirror in some directory on your harddrive for all version (W9x/ME and XP/NT/2000). NOD32 will download all the files necessary for update to the directory. Just burn this directory to some CDRW medium and ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US :)
    On the machine where you installed NOD32 from the instalation CD, just set the program to update (for this time only) from your CD with copy of the update mirror. Work done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.