Office issues

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TerryFox, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi, I'm still having issues with my Office 2003 pro version and TI 2009 latest build on Windows xp pro sp3 . Whenever I restore an backup image and then later load Office , it will start the windows installer and ask for the Office disk . Acronis might you have a new build coming any time soon ?

Thanks

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I may be wrong, but I think a workaround is to make sure the BAK files are not excluded from an image. I believe that Office produces a BAK file for it's install settings and without this it thinks it's damaged and requires a legitimate install.

I note that along with Outlook Express, there is no Office script in the BackupScripts folder. Of course these might only be used in a files and folders backup rather than imaging.

Colin

3. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

I must of miss it . Thanks for the tip . I will try it out next backup :cool:

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TerryFox,

The reason of the problem is that ATI has default exclusion list when backing up in Windows (*.bak, *.~, *.tmp). After restore MS Office will ask for the installation CD because it stores some registration information in *.bak files. The solution is to back up the system partition without these exclusions.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I find it amazing that in Version 2009 Acronis have decided to exclude by default *.bak,*~ and*.temp files.

I can ony assume that there was a degree of ignorance by the developers who failed to realise that some of these are actually used by some Windows programs.

I agree that it is safe to exclude to contents of the Page and Hibernation files because these will be automatically be re-created by Windows as required.

It is the province and option of the user to decide which other files to keep or exclude from a backup through normal housekeeping processes. These should never be excluded by default.

Will this be corrected in the next build?

Xpilot

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Xpilot,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

We released a new build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build #9709). Release Notes for Acronis True Image Home 2009 (build 9709) are available here

The issue with Microsoft Outlook has been fixed.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.