Office 2013 Service Pack 1 now available

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Feb 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://blogs.office.com/2014/02/25/office-2013-service-pack-1-now-available/

2. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up ronjor. Still not available in my Win Update. Will have to wait. Good set of fixes.

3. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

Just installed it through Windows update.

Can somebody tell me how to check from within Office if SP1 is installed for Office 2013 or not? The "File>Account" section does not say if SP1 is installed on the computer. Even if you click the "About Word" or "About Outlook" button, it still does not say if SP1 is installed. The only way to check is through "control panel>programs>view installed updates."

Why this secrecy? And why hide the fact that Office 2013 is now updated to SP1?

4. Defcon

Defcon Registered Member

Found this on the blog -

"How to tell if you have SP1 installed

In order to determine if SP1 is installed for Office 2013 or a related product, look for the program version in the list of installed programs in the Programs and Features control panel. If SP1 is installed, the version will be 15.0.4569.1506 or higher. Additionally, if you've installed the SP1 update for an MSI product, SP1 will be listed in Installed Updates in that same control panel."

5. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

6. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Can you say if they've added more "themes" to improve contrast in the UI?

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

No, they didn't, but I didn't expect any.

8. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Yes, I didn't either, but it was worth asking. Ah well, when all else fails lower your expectations :)

9. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

Thanks, but wouldn't it have been easier to just right the words SP1, instead of this long decimal number! Imagine if you are a systems admin trying to figure out if each computer has been updated to SP1, you will have to compare this ridiculously long decimal number on each computer.

I don't know what people at MS have been drinking for the last 3-4 years, every decision they have made during this time defies logic and common sense.

10. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I agree with you, a bit of contrast and colour would make the UI more interesting, but as already mentioned no change there, as a matter of fact I can't see any difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.