Office 2010 refuses to install

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by m00nbl00d, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Sometime ago I had downloaded the trial version of Office 2010 Professional Plus. I installed it on a Virtual Machine running Windows 7 Ultimate x86.
    All fine.

I, somehow, lost the trial installer. But, I had the extracted contents, because I wanted to create an ISO, rather than waiting for the installer to first extract and only then install.

Yesterday, I was going to install Office 2010 in a new snapshot (I deleted the old one, due to some snapshot mess up.), but it won't install, saying that my system's doesn't match.
    Well, they are the same, so why won't it install?

I searched a bit, but couldn't find anything useful regarding my specific issue. Has anyone also got this error, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thank you

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

If you have the Office 2010 installer in .exe, you have to use the installer to install it. If you have extracted the contents of the .exe installer to a folder and then run setup.exe from there, you will get an error "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system".

To avoid the error, get a new installer and run the .exe installer directly.

http://markparris.co.uk/2010/04/23/...tion-package-is-not-supported-by-your-system/

It happened to me too. I have a MSDN installer en_office_professional_plus_2010_x86_515486.exe and I extracted the contents to a folder and ran setup.exe there. I immediately got this error. By clicking the en_office_professional_plus_2010_x86_515486.exe installer directly, it installed without problem.

4. m00nbl00d

5. m00nbl00d

Yes, later on, I did find that site mentioning that.

Just can't figure out why it won't allow installing from the extracted contents. Unfortunately, I no longer have the installer. I can't download it again anytime soon. You'll have to wait until the end of the month, due to traffic restrictions. :( Bummer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.