Office 2010? and x64?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by jimwillsher, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Hi all,

I know this is *very* hot off the press, and there won't be any tantrums if it doesn't work, but.....

I'm currently downloading Office 2010 from MSDN (and so is half the world, judging by the speed it's coming down!). I'm planning to install the x64 version.

Are there any implications for email scanning or the ESET menu bar in Outlook? I'm using EAVBE 4.2.35.

Many thanks,

Jim

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Integration will be turned off, only email received via POP3 will be scanned.

3. elmolincoln

elmolincoln Registered Member

What about the x86 version? Is there an ETA on support for Outlook 2010?

4. jimwillsher

Oh well, I went ahead anyway. Seemed a backward step to be installing the x86 version ;-)

Jim

5. wendelly

wendelly Registered Member

I installed the Office 2010 x86 version - seemed backwards as well but could re-install x64 - and it seems that during the upgrade process, the ESET menu bar was not imported (other add-ins were successfully imported). I am also curious to know timeframe when Outlook 2010 will be supported.

6. jimwillsher

I'm pretty sure that my Outlook is now unprotected as it's using Exchange RPC over HTTP, not POP3. Previously most virus email (UPS, DHL etc) would get caught but now nothing gets caught.

Guess I'll need to be vigilant until ESET supports x64 Office 2010...assume they plan to!

Jim

7. jimwillsher

I just uninstalled x64 and installed x86. Same issue. So looks like ESET doesn't yet support Office 2010 in any shape or form.

Can we all club together and get the ESET developers an MSDN subscription? ;-)

Jim

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd rather suggest pushing Microsoft to return Exchange extensions support back to Office 2010. We are already working on a new plug-in, but don't ask for ETA.

9. jimwillsher

Don't worry, I knew Microsoft b*****ed things up. And I know I'm at the bleeding edge, so there's no complaints from me.

It would be good if the "ETA" were when the product was available to volume customers (not sure when that is), and definitely by public release date.

No-one moves goalposts like Microsoft. We're still running IE5.5 on a server due to an application which uses printing functionality that got removed in IE6. So I know what it's like......

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.