Off topic

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Devilin, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devilin

Devilin Registered Member

I've just been reading the messenger plus keep it or kill it thing.the sheer frustration and genuine anger some people feel towards It's Creator is indeed measurable.

Which makes me wonder.what's your price? Purely hypothetical.how much would. nasty-international or whoever.need to offer you for you to sign up.?
    American dollars please.
    I have been tempted myself.as I've realized just how much money I could make. but. (I've declined). but what's your price?

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Well I turned you on to that thingie, instead of you going after a different hijacker out there because I have no price. :D

Not interested in getting into anyone's face that way just to make a buck.

I have a buddy called toadbee and he writes good programs also that many people use..he has not gotten one cent in donations to date..but his server is hummming with downloads for the hoster.exe.

What price do you put on your fellowman's privacy and piece of mind ?

Doing that Message Plus thingie was like going out for dinner with your doors locked and coming home to find out your place has been trashed.

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Since the question really isn't a security-related question, I've moved this thread over into TenForward.

4. Devilin

Soz snapdragin :oops:
    Hi Primrose :D

Its interesting.in a human behavior type way.that the sheer number of people that could do the dirty on their fellow human beings for profit. don't.the vast majority choose to help rather than hinder.understanding the consequences of their actions and choosing not to take the money on moral grounds.well that's my perception.considering the virtually unregulated nature of the net.but maybe I'm wrong? That's why I asked the question.

The thing that truly surprises me is when somebody like Patchou tries to defend there behavior as perfectly innocent. is it a case of they don't realize that nasty-company.com has found there price. or have we all sold ourselves out.in some little way.and they consider their behavior just a little worse than the majority? So there not so bad considering?

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

In my opinion most people have a good heart and will give assistance without thought of payment, here at wilders is a good example. I also believe that if I had a company the made for instance a security app that It is my perogitive to charge for support after a decent time after installing my app. Let say one year support. But there are people out there that will take advantage of the public every time they get a chance,and those people are the grunge of the earth and we could do without them in my personal opinion.

bigc

6. Devilin

Hi bigc73542 :D
    wilders Is a perfect example of how I perceive the majority think and behave.just for the warm and fuzzy feeling they get from helping people.

But its the minority (grunge) that fascinate me.do they perceive themselves as bad individuals. ? how do they justify taking advantage of people purely for financial gain ? maybe they think everybody does it.or would do it if the opportunity presented itself " its a dog eat dog world " ect ect

Maybe everybody does have their price.....

Excluding myself / Primrose / toadbee / and your good self. and where probably considered naive fools by the minority (grunge) for thinking this way

7. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If being a good person makes you naive, Then I am glad to have that title ;)

8. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    Hear hear. Now that's my credo too, BigC! :)

[MOVE] ~ You harvest what you sow ~[/MOVE]

(if not now...you will eventually)

Once again -and it can't be said enough imho:

Compliments & thanks to all helpful members & guests of Wilders!

Regards,
    slam

9. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:D Call it morals, call it integrity, call it what you like. Some people have it, others do not. I think you can figure out what the Wildman would like to do to individuals and companies that do not have these qualities. We do not live in a perfect world, so each one of us must be on our guard. Anyone who would sell out, will only enjoy the benefits for a little while. When those type die, I would then like to see what they gained, an what they left behind.

Thanks
    Wildman
    o_O :( :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.