Off topic forum ?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by arran, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arran

arran Registered Member

I just wondering whether or not wilders can have have a separate forum for general discussion off topic stuff like example world events or what ever?

2. Seer

Seer Registered Member

There was a ten-forward section (archived now), but I don't think the management has intentions to revive it.
    Let's see if we can get a reply why it was closed (there must be an anouncement somewhere) as I would also like to see it functional again.

3. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Short answer - the off-topic banter started to permeate the on-topic discussions as well, driving them off-topic in the bargain, and the off-topic chatter took a turn into the absurd to boot. So, no, there are no plans to go down that road again.

Blue

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

As I recall, flaming (especially of some mods) got to be a serious problem on 10-F, and was probably one of the major factors in its demise.

5. arran

arran Registered Member

ten foward section was last active in 2006 over 3 years ago, a lot of the posters flamers from back then have gone. surely after 3yrs wilders can give it another go?

6. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Fine by me! :) I prefer that the site remain as it currently is... focused on security and software and hardware. "World events or whatever" are better off somewhere else, in my opinion.

7. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, we're simply not interested in having an off-topic discussion section. We view ourselves as a support forum, first and foremost, and not so much a place for chit-chat or even more serious discussions, such as "world events" as you mentioned.

There are many other forums out there that have sections dedicated to world events, politics and even religious discussions. There are also a very large number of social discussion forums and chat sites. All of those sites do that sort of thing better than we would, so, we leave that all to them, while we stick with computing and security support discussions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.