OEM pack vs. Retail Box

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by blade runner, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade runner

blade runner Registered Member

G'day Y'all,

Anybody know what comes in the Retail Box ??

Is there a MANUAL, and is it worth having (approximate # of pages) ??

I'm about to buy a hard-copy of the BEST (nod32) -- just considering the difference in price ...

THANKS fer yer TROUBLE here !!

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

the OEM CD is a CD in a sleeve - to my knowledge - the box is a CD and a box. The "manual" is on the CD in electronic format for via download - not printed.

3. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Well, the retail version is $5 (USD) more than the OEM version at Newegg. I bought a couple of retail copies from Newegg but that was after version 2.7 was released. I got nice, DVD-size cases and a printed manual but discovered that both CDs had v2.5 on them. So, I wound up having to download v2.7 anyway.

Regardless, I didn't find the manual (about 20-some pages) to be all that useful. In any event, nowhere near as useful as the information posted by folks on this board. In retrospect, I think I would have been better off buying a multi-user pack with a 2-year subscription directly from ESET. I certainly would be saving money in the long run had I done so.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I haven't looked on the disc that comes with the OEM CDs we have - I need to check - but I thought I was told that v2.7 AND v3.0 would be on there...

prius04 - were these recent purchases, or from a while back- and did they purport to be v2.5, v2.7 or v3.0?

5. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Yeah, these were from a while back (as in around April of last year). Still, the cases were clearly printed (in red) with "New Version 2.5" on them. I was under the impression that v2.7 had been out for quite some time when I ordered from Newegg so I assumed I was going to get v2.7 on the CDs and, frankly, I don't recall whether the Newegg image had v2.5 or v2.7.

Eh, no big deal, really. As things turned out, I only wish I had ordered the 4-user pack with the 2-year subscription since it will prove to have been the least expensive way to go in my case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.