OEM pack vs. Retail Box

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by blade runner, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade runner

blade runner Registered Member

G'day Y'all,

Anybody know what comes in the Retail Box ??

Is there a MANUAL, and is it worth having (approximate # of pages) ??

I'm about to buy a hard-copy of the BEST (nod32) -- just considering the difference in price ...

THANKS fer yer TROUBLE here !!

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

the OEM CD is a CD in a sleeve - to my knowledge - the box is a CD and a box. The "manual" is on the CD in electronic format for via download - not printed.

3. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Well, the retail version is $5 (USD) more than the OEM version at Newegg. I bought a couple of retail copies from Newegg but that was after version 2.7 was released. I got nice, DVD-size cases and a printed manual but discovered that both CDs had v2.5 on them. So, I wound up having to download v2.7 anyway.

Regardless, I didn't find the manual (about 20-some pages) to be all that useful. In any event, nowhere near as useful as the information posted by folks on this board. In retrospect, I think I would have been better off buying a multi-user pack with a 2-year subscription directly from ESET. I certainly would be saving money in the long run had I done so.

4. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I haven't looked on the disc that comes with the OEM CDs we have - I need to check - but I thought I was told that v2.7 AND v3.0 would be on there...

prius04 - were these recent purchases, or from a while back- and did they purport to be v2.5, v2.7 or v3.0?

5. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

Yeah, these were from a while back (as in around April of last year). Still, the cases were clearly printed (in red) with "New Version 2.5" on them. I was under the impression that v2.7 had been out for quite some time when I ordered from Newegg so I assumed I was going to get v2.7 on the CDs and, frankly, I don't recall whether the Newegg image had v2.5 or v2.7.

Eh, no big deal, really. As things turned out, I only wish I had ordered the 4-user pack with the 2-year subscription since it will prove to have been the least expensive way to go in my case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.