OE blocked my attachment from airline reservations.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rrod, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrod

rrod Registered Member

I removed my recently added AVG because my mail was being sent back and attachments blocked. I recently made plane reservations and my confirmation was sent but stated that OE blocked the attachement. Is there something I need to change in Spyware Blaster? Internet provider was clueless.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Would you mind posting what site you received the e-mail from?

(If you'd rather not post it here in the forums, you can always send an e-mail to bugreports@javacoolsoftware.com - thanks!)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

It may also be some thing simple like > tools > options > security > and a check placed in the option under virus " do not allow attachments to be saved or opened etc " This will stop attachments being opened.

4. rrod

rrod Registered Member

It was changing of the setting Security that did permit me to open my attachment from Delta Airlines. The screen says "virus protection" and it is unchecked, will I be having more problems. Should I go back and check it and if I have a problem with attachments unchecko_O thank you. Your help is appreciated.

5. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

if you keep it checked and an attachment arrives that you wish to look at , you can uncheck it , so as to open the attachment. however I always "save" any attachments to my desktop or documents and before opening it I right click on it and chose " scan with anti virus" . Then once I feel its ok I can open it. Its a good precaution and practice. by keeping the check in "do not allow attachments to be opened etc" it prevents any one else who may use your pc from carelessly opening an attachment as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.