Oddball forum display?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by MikeBCda, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi,

I think it was this afternoon I first noticed it (or maybe I'm hallucinating again? ;) ) -- is this forum (and as far as I can tell, just this one) now stretched horizontally?

My gut-guess is, it's tied into that posting from pigitus (apologies if misspelled) with a lengthy registry entry as its title, which has now been moved elsewhere? As a related guess, the board software couldn't split it anywhere and therefore it couldn't wrap? End result would be the same as an extra-wide graphic, other than not quite as slow to load.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Mike I don't notice it. Maybe to much tequila :D ;)

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi bigc - I have to remember you're an hour, maybe 2, behind me (I'm in EDT). ;)

It might, of course, depend on resolution settings -- I'm running at 800x600, which is normally just fine here except for the occasional large screenshot, or the threads over in Ten Forward devoted to photos.

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, I noticed it earlier Mike. I thought about whether it should be edited or not, but figured it age off the indexes soon enough. However, since you brought it up, I decided to edit the thread title to shorten it. It was this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=46312

The original title can be seen as the subject of the second post in that thread still. In the forum index, or returned in search results, it did indeed cause a wider than normal display. (No spaces or natural breaks to wrap it, and heavy use of CAPS caused this width problem.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.