Odd problem restoring

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bgoodman4, Mar 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I have ATI images on an external drive and I have tried to do a restore both from within Windows and using the rescue disk. In both cases ATI tells me it needs to do a reboot and when I accept it appears that the process is working except it does not restore the system. The PC simply boots to its current state. Anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it?

I should mention that I have been having problems ejecting USB drives and copying files from one external drive to another. I have tried to remedy these problems with no success so I thought I would try to do the restore and see if that helped.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

The problem ejecting usb drives has been reported here but I don't recall with which version of True Image it occurred. What version and build are you using - so others may help you.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The Rescue CD doesn't do a reboot to do a restore, so something is odd here.

Boot from the rescue CD and confirm that you can see all your drives. The Linux environment of the Rescue CD can give drives different letters from Windows, so that can be confusing.

If each drive has a name, it is much easier to see that it is found by TI. You can add or change drive names by right clicking the drive in My Computer or Windows Explorer and choosing Properties. A good name for your C: drive is System or Boot, etc.

When you are sure you can see all your drives, continue the restore operation until you get to the screen with the Proceed button. Let us know what happens when you click Proceed.

4. bgoodman4

Version 11 build 8,053

5. bgoodman4

Thanks for this,,,,but now that i think of it when I tried to use the rescue disk I think I did get to the proceed stage and when i clicked on it the PC simply booted to its current state. To double check I will try again in the morning after I have had a chance to back up my drive again so that I can recover the latest modifications to my files using the mount function after the restore (if it happens).

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bgoodman4,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

You can try to copy/paste the old backup file to your internal hard drive and see if the issue remains. It will be effective to compare the MD5 values of the backup files after the copying.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. bgoodman4

Thank you, when i get a chance I will try that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.