Odd launch delay on NOD v2.7

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Carbonyl, Jun 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carbonyl

Carbonyl Registered Member

On an older machine, I happen to be running NOD32 v2.7. Newer versions don't play well with it, but I still use the computer from time to time, so I do want it at least somewhat protected! NOD does the trick.

Anyhow, this morning when I booted the machine, everything started up normally... but there was no NOD icon in the system tray for some reason! After several minutes, I opened the task manager - it seemed that NOD was running, but I don't know why it took so long to launch. A reboot showed normal startup behavior, with NOD activating as normal on that second boot. A scan revealed no issues.

This has me worried, though! If NOD32 were compromised, I guess I wouldn't expect it to find any threats, and I don't know how to find out if that launch lag was just a fluke, or some malicious program like a rootkit messing with NOD. Does anyone have any advice?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

If you look at the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run] registry key on the computer, does it still have an entry for "C:\Program Files\Eset\nod32kui.exe" /WAITSERVICE entry in it?

If it does, there may have just been some sort of a problem displaying the icon in the system tray notification area. Try restarting the computer to see if the icon for the program reappears.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.