Odd Graphical Occurrence

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Capp, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capp

Capp Registered Member

On 12/8, my system was hit with a variant of the Autorun.ABH worm. NOD32 didn't catch it, but then again, I uploaded the file to Jottie and Virusscan and nobody caught it. Strange thing is, after it hit my system, NOD started catching files and deleting them, per my settings.

My system is clean, no biggie now. But, the problem is, ever since that happened, the GUI has been messed up with NOD.

Today, I uninstalled completely and downloaded the newest version (3.0.684.0) and rebooted my system. I deleted the Eset folder, cleared my cache and temp files, but it still looks the same. I can still navigate and everything is working ok, but I just can't it to look right. Check the screenshot attached.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I've had similar issues for at least the last 5 minor versions. It seems to crop up most often during a scan will detailed logging, but it doesn't appear to hinder any functionality since you can mouse over and things re-render.

Maybe post your OS, video card, and driver version to see if there is some kind of pattern?

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Video Card: ATI Radeon Xpress 1100
    Driver: 8.302.0.0 (10/3/06)

But, I've had NOD on this system since it was first added to the network some 2 1/2 years ago and I've never had it do any kind of graphic glitch. It happened within 5 minutes of getting the infected files. I heard my internal speaking bleap, so I opened up NOD to see what was going on and the graphics were like they are in the screenshot, and the threat log was showing the new files being deleted.

Also, moving the mouse over the areas don't display or change anything. to get to the advanced setup, I have to press F5.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Here's what I tried:

Uninstalled EAV
    Deleted Eset Folder
    Cleared Temp/Cache
    Cleaned Registry
    Rebooted
    Updated Video Driver
    Rebooted
    Reinstalled EAV
    Rebooted

Graphical problem still persists.

As I originally mentioned, I have never, ever had a graphics problem with EAV nor NOD32 on any of my systems until this occurrence and it only started after I got hit by the worm.

It's just weird. Thanks for all your help

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

During the uninstallation of ESET NOD32 Antivirus, did you remove the C:\WINDOWS\inf\infcache.1 file from your system?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. Capp

Capp Registered Member

I did not Aryeh.

I shall try again and remove that file as well.

I can't blast out the entire c:\program files\eset folder because I also have the RAC on this machine and don't want to get rid of it, so I had to just delete the necessary subfolders.

8. RuyLopez

RuyLopez Registered Member

Same graphical problem here with v3.0.684.

Windows XP Pro SP2
    NVIDIA graphics card

9. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Ok, I finally had a chance to try all this again. Here's what I attempted:

Uninstalled ESET NOD32
    Deleted c:\program files\Eset\Eset nod32 antivirus folder
    Deleted c:\program files\Eset\cache contents
    Deleted all Temp and %temp% files
    Deleted c:\windows\inf\infcache.1 file
    Rebooted
    Reinstalled 3.0.684
    Rebooted

Same problem.

Any other suggestions?

10. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

Similar problem on two multi homed Dell W2003 EE servers with ATI ES1000 Video cards. These are not clones/ghosts but each fresh installs.

Not only was the GUI messed up, but the software would quit talking to the RA server and quit updating. A reboot fixed it for 3-7 days.

A removal and reinstall did not fix it. I switched to Norton ESS on these and the problems actually continue and plague that product. In my case I think the problem is bad drivers from Dell. But I am not sure. Until newer drivers are released, again, I'm stuck rebooting. I've been keeping up on firmware and driver updates for many months. Things get better, but not solved.

Sample screen shot;
    nod dell.PNG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.