ODBC ??

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Rainwalker, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Hello all,
    Lately odbc stuff is often trying to set a .dll when i am on line. I close browser then reopen and will not be asked by my firewall, for awhile anyway, to allow it. I could not find much info on this ODBC program so i am not allowing it. Running stand alone XP Home. Is it ok to allow the ODBC .dll and or do i need it ---- is it ok to make a rule to block it :doubt:

TIA

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Well here is what ODBC is. As far as you needing to allow it or not I will leave that up to one of the members that are familiar with this. I am sure one will reply shortly.

Attached Files:

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Thank you for your time bigc73542 ...................... yeah, it's bugging me ( no pun intended ) since it is new and i am on a stand alone box ( i hope )
    When i refuse the .dll connection for the odbc drive, i have to close and reopen the browser as me firewall blocks the connection at that point.
    I will then go back to whatever it was i was doing and all is well. I will not receive the .dll attempt for verying amounts of time.....soooo i would be grateful if someone would tell me if i can block it as a rule. :doubt:

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

If ODBC is installed on your pc possibly it is trying to download the dll. maybe you could set it not to autoupdate. This is just a thought since I don't know much about this particular program. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.