October 2011 Whole Product Dynamic "Real World" Test Available

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Thankful, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  2. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Looks like Symantec for paid, and Panda or AVG for the free programs. These results are very similar to what I get with my own testing.

3. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Avast! was last?! :eek:

4. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

Kaspersky = Symantec = GData = Qihoo >99.6% :thumb:

Qihoo surprised me :eek:
    What happened with Avast ? o_O

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

agreed wow avast results dissapointing

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Nothing happened to Avast, this is only for one month.

7. snippits

snippits Registered Member

Kaspersky=Zero compromised.

8. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Not really - the decline started earlier. If you check the comments for Avast in the threads for previous months results, you'll see the same comment as yours then. This time, it's not "only for one month". It's just worse than last month.

9. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

Oh well. Time to take a "trjam" pill and uninstall.:D

10. Coccinelle

Coccinelle Registered Member

Non,non ....Kaspersky has full 100 % ,Norton 99,8 %,GData 99,6 %

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I'm an avast! fan (obviously) but i can't get past the not so stellar results either. I'm not quite sure what's going on. Either they are reserving major stuff for avast! 7 release or something. I mean, Behavior Shield has tons of potential, yet in whole it's existence i haven't seen it flag anything at all. They can run the backend for their data analysis all they want and they probably do, but frankly, we need to see some results on user end as well. Especially since we all know how effective behavior analysis is when done at least half properly.

12. gery

gery Registered Member

i had to work on some computers at the municipality here and all were infected with trojans backdoors and some were infected so bad that i needed to do a fresh install of the OS . Guess what all of them had AVAST free installed and the settings were default . But none that had AVG or Avira was infected ( well in their quarantines there were e few infections ) Anyway i did a full MBAM scans and cleaning and installed Avira in the rest of the computers.

13. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Is av-comparatives testing the free version of Avast! ? According to their March-June report, they are testing Avast! Internet Security.

14. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I wouldn't recommend anyone view just one month. I usually look at it YTD, and then maybe the past 3 months, 6 months, etc.. Looking at trends, it does seem like Avast is starting to slip, while others are gaining on it.

15. Rampastein

Rampastein Registered Member

Don't the IS and the free version have the exactly same protection components running real-time (-> giving the same level of protection)? If they still have that policy, the version shouldn't make a difference.

16. zfactor

now see i have seen a ton of behavior pop ups. the problem i see is with this test is how many were "left to user" i love to recc and sell avast to my customers but many to most of them are not honestly capable of answering those questions when they come up. and this is what worries me more than anything. i believe before the behavior module these were prob decided by the av side of avast! while the total is still a bit lower i would feel better if the left to users group was not as large as it is. i just hope they dont go the way of some av's and loading people with pop ups with version 7. i know my mom would end up calling me and saying "what do i answer" to the pop ups. not sure why you have not seen any of them but i have seen a ton of them since the last stable update (before that not so many). even me personally i own 12 lic's all good till 2016 (i also run eset on some systems as well).

17. zfactor

i feel (at least i hope) they are getting version 7 ready for the new year and there will be many improvements.

18. tgell

tgell Registered Member

I am going to give avast! the benefit of the doubt and wait until V7.0 to see how things shake out. If they are still going down in detection, I will either add some additional protection or go elsewhere. God forbid I have to go back to my previous antivirus with the constant ad pop-ups.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's supposedly be able to make its own decisions but so far i haven't seen anything. Even when you were throwing obvious things at it, it just analyzed them but never actually blocked a single thing. Only way to get it to work somehow is to set it to Ask. Which then makes it very annoying.

20. zfactor

odd that we have different results. i assume you have tested it with obvious malware and not just normal programs? i know the sandbox pop up is also getting very annoying to some people i have that use it as well. avast! was awesome for being more simple i just hope they dont go and keep adding junk and ruin it (like the credit alert junk etc) i know they want to make money but imo better ways of doing it then that. i agree im waiting it out. i have not fully changed to another av (yet and hope i dont have to) i have eset lic's and wanted to use them so i have it running as well and i have to say i think i see more pop ups for detections while online with avast than i do with eset, eset is very quiet it seems compared to avast while online. and i left norton's completely due to way to many recent fp's and that it deletes things on me without asking for legit files (seen that way to many times imo its just sensitive with sonar)so i still have faith in avast and the only thing i have seen get by in the last few months are the the fake av's but they all let those through. and i left norton's completely due to way to many recent fp's and that it deletes things on me without asking for legit files (seen that way to many times imo its just sensitive with sonar). okay enough ranting lol just my thoughts

21. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I believe Norton should quarantine a file if SONAR deletes it.
    Until that is fixed, the following settings may help:

Settings for Norton SONAR:
    Remove Risks Automatically : Ask Me
    Remove Risks if I am Away : Ignore
    Show SONAR Block Notifications : Show All

22. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

Avg hasn't done well? wonder 2012 would do any better?

23. m0unds

m0unds Guest

during the short time i was able to use avast without semi-hourly sandbox driver bsods, i saw exactly one behavioral module action from avast, and that was when windows invoked teracopy to copy some files. that's it.

24. Technical

Technical Registered Member

25. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

Awesome work by kaspersky , full score.
    Norton also doing great.

Bit disappointed by Avast and Eset

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.