Obscure mirror update issue

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Vimto, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vimto

Vimto Registered Member

We have NOD32 running on a number of sites now but this is the first one with this issue, I am open to any suggestions.

ERAS is installed on the main file server (SBS2003) and configured to allow updates via HTTP or file share to the clients. However none of the clients will see the updates via either HTTP or the server share, giving a missing file error.

Thinking it maybe an error with the server I set up one of the clients (one of the few with internet access) to act as a mirror via file share but again i got exactly the same error with another client pointed to the share. If I open the share in windows explorer all looks fine.

If I copy the files to the local machine and update from there it works OK.

The interesting thing is that all of the clients can happily report in to ERAS to say that they arent updating.

The setup seems to be identical to those I have set up at other sites but I've not had this problem.

2. Vimto

Vimto Registered Member

Just an update - ran out of time to locate the problem and eventually went with the third option and set up ISS on the server to distribute the updates, all working fine now.

3. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

I've experienced the same issue. Had to manually copy files to clients and they started updating properly so haven't had to try the IIS method. Yet. I am going to look into that. Thanks for the update.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you have program component update (PCU) mirroring enabled?

5. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

Probably not. I'm not using mirror servers yet but I want to set several up on remote sites.

6. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

It's enabled.

7. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    What port did you set the HTTP mirror to run at? Default settings will conflict with Sharepoint, which comes bundled with SBS.

8. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

It was default-port 2221 I think. We don't have sharepoint but I will try using a different port #. Thanks!

9. rodelz

rodelz Registered Member

Different port didn't help. Now having other issues as well. Will start a different post. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.