object dock

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    looking at one of the threads i thought i would download the free version of objectdock.
    i added all my programs and most used folders to it.
    i downloaded a dual display clock to put on the dock but cant find a way of adding it to the dock.
    the link to it is here
    http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?skinid=10224&libid=29
    can anyone tell me how to add that clock to the dock?
    the other problem was that the show desktop icon i added to the dock didnt work any ideas how to add a show desktop button to the dock?
    thanks
    lodore

2. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Hello,
    What type of an object is the "show desktop" icon linked to? I know it sits in the task bar, but I've never used it. In short, if a shortcut can be made to replace the function of that "show desktop Icon, then you can add that shortcut to the dock simply by dragging it out into the dock. In my experience, just about any folders, executables, even shortcuts and links can be dragged to the dock. Try to do a search for making a batch file for showing the desktop, then make that file and drag it out into the dock. As far as that clock, I'm pretty sure that object dock comes with its own and is functional. Sorry if this isnt at all helpful.

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks works like a charm
    lodore

5. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

re the "show desktop", I just pointed the shortcut to C:\documents and settings\<username>\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\show desktop.scf

It worked for the visual tooltip dock, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.