Discussion in 'privacy general' started by snowdrift, Apr 29, 2009.
As the old adage says: The more things change, the more they remain the same.
Well its really more a question about politics and your personal outlook on life than anything else !
If you don't like Obama & politics in general than you can interpret that court case as "more things change , more they stay the same".
If you like Obama and/or the possiblity that politics can do go sometime then you could look at the specifics of that case and work backwards towards a more positive or at least neutral interpretation.
In this case that could go something like this.
1) Any govt is very careful about changing its position in a legal case , as it creates a precedent.
2) Obama's govt is trying to pick and choose its fights at the moment .
3) Obama's govt has a lot on its hands now.
4) Obama admin it will review it's promise , in line with any new info it has aquired about its operation now its in govt at a later time.
5) This review may , depending on 2), 3),and 4) , result in
Obama keeping its campaign pledge.
If one or more of your family members got killed in a terrorist attack in the United States, you would be asking the Government why they did nothing to prevent it?
And then you wonder why they are taking these steps to insure the security of the people?
I guess Obama must have gotten more than an earfull on his first day as president, he had his first NS briefing and he must have had second thoughts when hearing all the facts on this issue..
This is Reality people!
Separate names with a comma.